Upper eyelid surgery (also known as blepharoplasty) is a cosmetic procedure used to remove loose, flapping skin on the eyelids. In addition to making you look older, excessive skin can also get in your eyes and block your vision. Dr. Dennis Reiter offers a range of cosmetic and ophthalmic services at Visione 360 Eye & Cosmetic Institute in El Paso, TX.
Eyelid Surgery in El Paso, TX
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, eyelid surgery can correct a number of problems associated with the aging process, including:
- Loose, sagging skin, and folds on the eyelid
- Fat deposits that make the eyelids look swollen and puffy
- Excessive bags under the eyes
- Sagging or drooping eyelids
- Fine lines and wrinkles due to excessive skin on and around the eyelids
Eyelid surgery can be performed on both the upper and lower lids to get the result you are looking for. If sagging skin has been blocking your vision or irritating your eyes, a blepharoplasty procedure may improve your quality of life by improving your vision, as well as your confidence and self-esteem from the cosmetic results.
Is Eyelid Surgery Right for Me?
The first step in deciding whether to invest in eyelid surgery or any cosmetic procedure is to schedule a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon with a solid track record of results in the procedure. Some of the general guidelines for cosmetic eyelid surgery candidates include:
- Being in good, general health
- Not suffering from a serious eye condition
- Have a good understanding of the procedure and realistic goals and perspective on the potential outcomes
Find a facial plastic surgeon in El Paso, TX
For more information about eyelid surgery and other cosmetic procedures, contact Visione 360 Eye and Cosmetic Institute by calling 915-532-3937 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Reiter today.