Sergio Marquez, COA-Certified Ophthalmic Surgical Assistant - Ophthalmic Scribe – Employed Since 2011
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant; Ophthalmic Surgical Assistant
Medical Assistant, Western Technical College
- Hobbies: Soccer, video games, swimming
- Most passionate about: Dallas Cowboys
- Ideal way to spend time after work: Wrestling with his two children every night.
- Future goals: Become a Certified Ophthalmic Surgical Technician, spend more time in the Operating Room assisting in Ophthalmic Surgeries.
Elizabeth Garcia, Lead Technician – Working since 2005
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
Graduate of Bowie High School, 1998
- Marching Band, Swim team, Softball Team
- EPCC Ophthalmic Technology Program
- What I enjoy most about work: Working with people and assisting the Doctor in ophthalmic care. Everyday brings joy with different experiences, no two days are the same.
- Hobbies: Reading, water parks, amusement parks
- Most passionate about: Watching my young daughters develop into young women, and enjoy their successes and achievements.
- Long Term Goals: Achieve the level of Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technician, and become a home owner.
Laura Puga - Employed Since 2014
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Certified Ophthalmic Scribe
Our newest Certified Opthalmic Assistant. Laura, who also has a Bachelor's Degree from UTEP, is currently the teacher of the Ophthalmic Technician Training Program at Southwest University.
Laura is currently the instructor of the Ophthalmic Technician Program at Southwest University.
Graduate of Franklin High School and The University of Texas at El Paso.
Tahlia Ruiz - Employed Since 2019
AAPC Certified Professional Coder
Enjoys reading novels, especially by Stephen King.
Enjoys scary movies and looks forward to Halloween every year.
Tahlia joined our team in 2019 and has taken on the role of billing and coding for our Visione 360, office located at 400 Executive Center Blvd. Tahlia completed her education at Western Technical College and received her certification shortly after graduation.
Vanessa Arias - Employed Since 2018
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant; Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
Graduate of Jefferson high school
Post High School education received at Vista College completing her coursework as a Medical Assistant
Hobbies: riding street bikes, dirt bikes, off-roading, hiking and camping
Most passionate about: Motorcycles
Future goals: Further my education in ophthalmology.
STAFF MEMBERS CURRENTLY WORKING TOWARDS CERTIFICATION
- Nicole Alarcon, RMA; Certified Ophthalmic Scribe - Surgical Coordinator, Ancillary Service Coordinator
- Allen Ortiz - Ophthalmic Technician
- Amy Garcia - Front Desk Specialist
- Carla Cantu, RNA - Certified Ophthalmic Scribe, Ophthalmic Technician
- Denise De La Rosa, CMA; Certified Ophthalmic Scribe
- Melissa Rodriguez - Medical Records, Front Desk Specialist
- Hector Puga - Ophthalmic Technician
- Liliana Solorio - Ophthalmic Technician
- Claudia Guardado - Certified Ophthalmic Scribe; Front Desk Specialist, Insurance Verification
- Guadalupe Kovacs - Licensed Aesthetician
- Angelica Cardenas - Front Desk Specialist
- Veronica Santibanez - Office Maintenance
Staff certifications are governed and awarded by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO). All certifications listed are active and have met all continuing education requirements.