Melissa Rodriguez, OCS – Employed since 2014
Certified Ophthalmic Coding Specialist; Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
Bachelors in Multidisciplinary Studies from the University of Texas at El Paso
- Hobbies: Family, Music, Art
- Most Passionate About: Galaxy Themed Spray Paint Art, which she creates and utilizes to teach her two young nephews to develop their creative side and escape to the colorful cosmos.
- What she enjoys the most at work: Meeting new patients and getting to know our patients. The ability to have fun at work and joke around but also be serious when it’s time to be.
- Future Goals: Return to school and pursue her goal of becoming a Radiology Technician.
Sergio Marquez, COA- Ophthalmic Scribe – Employed Since 2011
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant; Ophthalmic Surgical Assistant
Medical Assistant, Western Technical College
- Hobbies: Soccer, video games, swimming
- Most passionate about: Dallas Cowboys
- Ideal way to spend time after work: Wrestling with his two children every night.
- Future goals: Become a Certified Ophthalmic Surgical Technician, spend more time in the Operating Room assisting in Ophthalmic Surgeries.
Elizabeth Garcia, Lead Technician – Working since 2005
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
Graduate of Bowie High School, 1998
- Marching Band, Swim team, Softball Team
- EPCC Ophthalmic Technology Program
- What I enjoy most about work: Working with people and assisting the Doctor in ophthalmic care. Everyday brings joy with different experiences, no two days are the same.
- Hobbies: Reading, water parks, amusement parks
- Most passionate about: Watching my young daughters develop into young women, and enjoy their successes and achievements.
- Long Term Goals: Achieve the level of Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technician, and become a home owner.
Laura Puga - Employed Since 2014
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Certified Ophthalmic Scribe
Our newest Certified Opthalmic Assistant. Laura, who also has a Bachelor's Degree from UTEP, is currently the teacher of the Ophthalmic Technician Training Program at Southwest University.
Laura is currently the instructor of the Ophthalmic Technician Program at Southwest University.
Graduate of Franklin High School and The University of Texas at El Paso.
Patricia Araujo, CPC, COS,- Employed Since 2015
Front Office Supervisor
Certified Professional Coder by the AAPC, Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
What I enjoy most about work: I love that every day is different, and I particularly enjoy educating patients about their insurance benefits and coverages. Creating financial solutions for patients and creating a relationship that allows them trust our office and practices. Working in an environment and industry that encourages continuing education. Most of all, my co-workers and the environment that we all create for each other to make our overall work experience wonderful.
- Hobbies: Listening to music, dancing, reading (specifically Christian reading and future Hallmark movies).
- Long term goal: Becoming a medical office manager/administrator, continue my education in healthcare, specifically in Ophthalmology.
Tahlia Ruiz - Employed Since 2019
AAPC Certified Professional Coder
Enjoys reading novels, especially by Stephen King.
Enjoys scary movies and looks forward to Halloween every eyar.
Tahlia joined our team in 2019 and has taken on the role of billing and coding for our Visione 360, office located at 400 Executive Center Blvd. Tahlia completed her education at Western Technical College and received her certification shortly after graduation.
Vanessa Arias - Employed Since 2018
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant; Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
Graduate of Jefferson high school
Post High School education received at Vista College completing her coursework as a Medical Assistant
Hobbies: riding street bikes, dirt bikes, off-roading, hiking and camping
Most passionate about: Motorcycles
Future goals: Further my education in ophthalmology.
STAFF MEMBERS CURRENTLY WORKING TOWARDS CERTIFICATION
- Nicole Alarcon, RMA; Certified Ophthalmic Scribe - Surgical Coordinator, Ancillary Service Coordinator
- Claudia Castruita - Ophthalmic Technician, Medical Records Specialist
- Carla Cantu, RNA - Certified Ophthalmic Scribe, Ophthalmic Technician
- Denise De La Rosa, CMA; Certified Ophthalmic Scribe
- Liliana Dominguez - Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
- Yazmin Galindo - Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
- Claudia Guardado - Certified Ophthalmic Scribe; Front Desk Specialist, Insurance Verification
- Guadalupe Kovacs - Licensed Aesthetician
- Selene Marquez - Ophthalmic Certified Scribe
- Stephanie Romero - Front Desk Specialist
- Veronica Santibanez - Office Maintenance
Staff certifications are governed and awarded by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO). All certifications listed are active and have met all continuing education requirements.