A cataract is usually an age-related condition when the natural lens is clouded. Cataracts can also be congenital, caused by some sort of facial trauma, or a medical complication related to another disease, like diabetes.
Symptoms of cataracts may be:
- Dulled, or blurred vision that isn't improved by glasses
- Light sensitivity
- Increased glare from lights
The only way to treat cataracts is through a surgical procedure. It is a common procedure performed by Dr. Dennis Reiter. Cataract surgery improves distance vision, but doesn't take into consideration other refractive errors, like astigmatism. Dr. Reiter, your El Paso doctor, uses the latest technology to implant a new lens into your eye. This should improve your ability to see.
- Distance and Astigmatism Correction: This procedure corrects patients' eyes so they don't need glasses for most activities, except reading, computer work and fine detailed work.
- Multifocal Cataract Surgery: Dr. Reiter offers patients this procedure to correct distance and near vision, as well as corneal astigmatism. He uses advanced technology like Limbal Relaxing Incisions (LRI’s) with Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery.
- You need a complete/comprehensive ophthalmic/cataract evaluation prior to any surgical procedure.
- Make sure your insurance covers the procedure you need. In many cases, insurance companies cover basic cataract surgery, but don't cover premium procedures.
For more information about cataract surgery from your El Paso, TX, doctor Dr. Dennis Reiter at Visione 360, Eye & Cosmetic Institute, just call (915) 532-3937 today!